lang/rust broken Makefile

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Sun Sep 17 17:09:52 UTC 2017

## tech-lists (tech-lists at zyxst.net):

> my "fix" was to change this:
>
> # FIXME: Static libraries in lib/rustlib/*/lib/*.rlib are not stripped,
> # but they contain non-object files which make strip(1) unhappy.
>         @${STRIP_CMD} \
> <<<<<<< .mine
> 	${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/bin/rustc \

Wait - that's verbatim in your version of the Makefile?
You've an unresolved merge conflict there. I guess you edited the Makefile
at some point (the indentation looks funny - but that may have happened
during copy&paste), and ignored the conflict during svn update. Perhaps
you didn't even intend to edit the file but saved it after "viewing" (and
accidentially editing) it in some editor.
Quite surly that conflict hasn't been part of the official version of the
Makefile over the last few versions, see
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/lang/rust/Makefile?annotate=449914
and related.

Regards,
Christoph