SF mastersites

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Oct 29 01:42:05 UTC 2017

On Sat, 28 Oct 2017, Mark Millard wrote:

> ${NAME:tl} is Makefile notation even in Makefiles having nothing to do
> with ports (or potentially even FreeBSD). There probably is lots of
> involved Makefile notation not separately documented in
> makefile-distfiles.html or other parts of porters-handbook/ .

I've been using "make" since the PWB days, and this is news...  The
trouble is, one would have to suspect that this is yet another variant
before looking for specific documentation (and I thought "gmake" was bad
enough).

At least my Makefiles and shell scripts will work anywhere; I don't make
use of local "features".