[ports]: GH_TAGNAME: how to figure out this tagname on downloadable archives?

blubee blubeeme gurenchan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 04:19:35 UTC 2017

I just ran into this issue yesterday myself.

To find the tagname I went to the project in githib, looked at their
committed files and found the one with the latest date.

Click on that file, then you'll see three buttons in the upper right hand
side;
raw, blame, history.

Click on history and you'll see the tagnames on the right have column.

Copy that to your GH_TAGNAME in the makefile and you should be fine.

There are ways to get the tagname from git but that's if you've cloned the
repo locally which I didn't want to bother doing.

Best