Porting github code to FreeBSD [configure]

blubee blubeeme gurenchan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 10:44:27 UTC 2017

I'm trying to port some code from github to FreeBSD but I run into a few
issues;

1) The project needs to use gnu make, gnu sed and other gnu tools since it
uses the gnu version of @< for variable names
2) The project also uses autoreconf because there's .am and .in files

I can pull the files down and run autoreconf that seems to populate the
proper files but then I need to run the configure script then the make
command as well but I am running into issues there.

In my Makefile, I added this line:
USES= autoreconf gmake

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

# post-extract:
# post-patch:
# do-install:

.include <bsd.port.post.mk>

connexions/Makefile.am: installing 'upstream/depcomp'
parallel-tests: installing 'upstream/test-driver'
===>  Building for utsushi-1.0.0
gmake[1]: Entering directory '/usr/ports/graphics/tmp/work/test'
gmake[1]: Makefile: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target 'Makefile'.  Stop.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/graphics/tmp/work/test'
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** Error code

What do I need to add to my uses command to get things to proceed? Doing
things by hand I have to follow these steps:

change to the download folder and run:
autoreconf -fi
./configure
make