FreeBSD Port: windowmaker-0.95.8

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 13 18:21:16 UTC 2017

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017, the wise James Geering wrote:

> Hello, I hope I have the maintainers correct; I was expecting a single
> person but find two names! Marco you have certainly helped me on another
> post and saw that you submitted the port on the fresh ports page - do I
> have this wrong?

Currently hrs at FreeBSD.org is the port maintainer of the windowmaker port.
After the update to windowmaker 0.95.8 earlier this year there was no
update of the x11-wm/windowmaker port from the maintainer, so I submitted
a patch for the port to be updated to the newer version (as I'm using
windowmaker myself). Another port committer has committed the patch for me
(pi at freebsd.org) after three months of no response from the maintainer.

> I'm on FreeBSD 11.1-Release I have been trying to upgrade to the latest
> WindowMaker from 0.95.7 -> 0.95.8.  Having realised that the latest
> compilation hadn't yet made it to the port mechanism I started down the
> path of downloading the latest source via SVN. root% svn checkout
> svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports Once downloaded I moved to
> /usr/ports/x11-wm/windowmaker/ and issue a root% make config-recursive
> ... I accept all the defaults in the ensuing configuration screens.
> Finally I issue a root% make install command After a few screens
> scrolling past the script stops with an error at "checking for Magick
> support library ... configure: error: found MagickWand library but could
> not compile its header"
>
> From looking at the config.log I find the following:
> ******************************************************* configure:17675:
> checking for Magick support library configure:22: cc -o conftest -O2
> -pipe -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wextra
> -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-deprecated -Wno-deprecated-declarations
> -I/usr/local/include -DNDEBUG -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 -DFREEBSD
> -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector conftest.c -lkvm -L/usr/local/lib
> -lMagickWand-6 -lMagickCore-6 >&5 configure:22: $? = 0 configure:17: cc
> -c -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wextra
> -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-deprecated -Wno-deprecated-declarations
> -I/usr/local/include/ImageMagick-6 -DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0
> -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16 -I/usr/local/include -DNDEBUG
> -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 -DFREEBSD conftest.c
>> &5
> conftest.c:72:10: fatal error: 'wand/magick_wand.h' file not found
> ****************************************************** so it looks like
> magick_wand.h cannot be found.  Surely this should have been brought
> down with the repo checkout?

I've not seen this error before. The port installs and runs here fine
and the tests in poudriere here and at the ports committers side didn't
show any errors. Don't see any strange things on your side too so I'll
have to look into this.

As I'm not the port maintainer best thing to do for now is to file a bug
report at https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/.

Regards,
Marco

--