Wacom tablet

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 11 17:58:09 UTC 2017

Chris Sparkes <chris at sparkessoftware.com> writes:

> 1. Xorg is not being configured when the device is plugged
> in. (xsetwacom does not show any devices).

devd(8) hotplugging is currently partially broken. See bug 196678.
Either apply one of the attached patches, use HAL or configure manually.

> Xorg log shows 'config/devd: ignoring device uhid1'. dmesg shows the
> messages below. These messages repeat every time I lift the pen off
> the tablet.

Try disabling uhid(4) from attaching as it may conflict with wacom(4x).

 $ kldload usb_quirk
 $ usbconfig add_dev_quirk_vplh 0x056a 0 0 0xffff UQ_MATCH_VENDOR_ONLY
 $ usbconfig add_dev_quirk_vplh 0x056a 0 0 0xffff UQ_HID_IGNORE
 <disconnect the device>
 <connect the device>
 $ dmesg | uhid

If it helps I can add it to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/wacom