collectd5 pkg upgrade pulls in 72 new dependencies?

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 7 11:21:46 UTC 2017

On 5 Oct 2017, at 18:06, Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:

> hey there - i was doing usual maintaince on my systems today and noticed that when upgrading the collectd5 pkg it pulls in 72 new dependencies, mostly xorg related.  here's a gist of the upgrade command exhibiting this.  the platform 11.1-RELEASE:
>
> https://gist.github.com/nomadlogic/53e81ba377a4a475351c3b8309be7598
>
> is this expected?  maybe i missed a heads up email to this list?

From which version did you upgrade?  The most recent change to the port
is that the DEBUG, GCRYPT and PING options were enabled by default,
here:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=449798

However, the only dependencies added because of it are libgcrypt and
liboping, which should not really be dependent on any xorg stuff.

-Dimitry