portmaster, portupgrade, etc

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Thu Oct 5 07:12:39 UTC 2017

On 05.10.2017 04:22, Steve Kargl wrote:

> I did not state that the "environment is constrained by poudriere".
> The environment is contrained due to resource limits.  If you
> only have 1 Gb of memory and 5-10 GB diskspace, then using poudriere
> with zfs and jails is a nonstarter.  Yes, I'm aware that zfs is not
> required.  Can't find info on whether jails can be avoided.  Having
> say lang/llvm40 installed in /usr/local and in a jail would consumes
> 2.6 GB.  That's 1 port!

In fact, a jail is not needed too. Just perform installworld
to a /path, then mount -t devfs devfs /path/dev; mount -t nullfs /usr/ports /path/usr/ports
and you are ready to build with chroot /path make -C /usr/ports/net/quagga package".
Perhaps, you'll also need to setup /path/etc/resolv.conf unless you have caching DNS
server running locally, so fetch(1) could download distfiles.