Status of portupgrade and portmaster?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Oct 1 04:14:07 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 10:06:17AM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> It is unclear to me whether this was in regard to pots
> to the mailing lists or included private responses to
> the mail list discussions.

I know the former is true, not sure about the latter, but
he also used the bugs database in a fashion I can only
describe as caustic.  (That drove at least one person away
from the project.)

John is ably qualified technically.  If you agree with him
on such things as goals and design decisions, he is easy to
work with.  But my experience was that if you did not, you
were in for a long fight.

Obvious disclaimer: I was in the latter category.

People will have to come to their own conclusions.

mcl