Status of portupgrade and portmaster?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Oct 1 03:46:26 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 10:06:17AM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> as it makes FreeBSD unusable for those of us with only "small"
> systems where the weight of poudriere simply can't be justified.

I'm confused.  I have been using poudriere for several years
to build sparc64 packages.  2 * single core 1.5GHz CPU, 16GB
RAM, 2 * 72GB SCSI-3 disks.  Yes, it can get disk-bound,
especially I am not using ZFS.  No, it's not particularly
fast.  Yes, the machine is solely dedicated to this task.

I do believe poudriere will struggle on the smaller ARM
boards, solely due to the RAM limitations.  I intend to do
some further investigation.

mcl