Time for a firefox-56 port?

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 26 04:30:33 UTC 2017

Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> On Sunday, 26 November 2017 at 14:22:18 +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, 25 November 2017 at 20:36:09 -0600, Zhihao Yuan wrote:
>>> So give it up, try Pale Moon.
>>
>> Does Pale Moon address my issues, specifically something to match
>> firemacs and It's all text!?  There's nothing that suggests it does.
>
> I've installed it now on a Microsoft box, and how about that, yes, it
> does support those addons.  Potentially it's usable, but it would
> respect POLA to add the firefox-56 port, as I suggested at the
> beginning.

There's no POLA on /head branch of FreeBSD Ports. UPDATING exists to
document POLA violating changes. I was under impression copy-pasting
upstream changelog into UPDATING was discouraged.

As for 2017Q4 the sad story is ports-secteam@ seems to be blatantly
understaffed. Many my gecko@ changes weren't approved, so I gave up.