ssh sessions close spontaneously on rpi2

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Wed Nov 22 22:11:25 UTC 2017

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 08:15:59AM +1100, Trev wrote:
> bob prohaska wrote on 23/11/2017 04:36:
>
> [snip]
> >
> > some ten minutes later, the ssh connections are still working.

After some three hours, the ssh connections all failed, merely saying
"connection closed". The host remained up and responsive.

> I've had similar issues (wireless USB dongle failing and settings being
> corrupted) with FreeBSD 11 Stable - I tracked it down to power usage
> when using make -j (I have two 32GB USB memory dongles also plugged in,
> one of which contains /usr). May be related?

Strikes me as unlikely, since j4 in buildworld causes no such problems.
The RPI2 in question uses wired Ethernet and has one 64 GB USB flash
drive holding /var, /tmp, /usr and swap. Last time I looked (long ago)
the power supply voltage wasn't an issue. I'll try to find my cables
and check voltages again, just to be sure.

Thanks for reading!

bob prohaska