Makefile RUN_DEPENDS= option

Adam Weinberger adamw at adamw.org
Tue Nov 14 21:15:49 UTC 2017

> On 14 Nov, 2017, at 14:05, Ernie Luzar <luzar722 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Have a simple port that needs wget to work.
>
> I want RUN_DEPENDS to first check if wget is already installed, IE: is the running executable in the search path whether installed as a compiled port or installed as a package and if so bypass any more wget processing. If running executable not found then to auto install using pkg version and if not found there to do port compile method.
>
> How would I code that?

That won't work. Ports are built in poudriere, and poudriere expects a clean system. If you don't depend on wget, wget will NEVER be available.

Additionally, network access is explicitly disabled for everything except the fetch target, so you can't rely on wget doing anything.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at adamw.org