Multiple www/drupal8 installations

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Thu Nov 9 10:39:36 UTC 2017

I have a question regarding “www/drupal8” and configuring for multiple sites.
From what I have read, it seems that there are quite a few users who feel it
is neither safe nor advisable to do it the way the Drupal8 documentation says.
I have another solution that I thought might be serviceable.

After doing the initial installation of Drupal8 and configuring it in the
Apahce24 httpd.conf file,

     Alias /drupal "/usr/local/www/drupal8"
     <Directory "/usr/local/www/drupal8">
     Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
     AllowOverride All
     Require all granted
     </Directory>

I was to change the ${WWWDIR} target to say “/usr/local/www/drupal8_1”,
reinstall the port into the new directory and make a corresponding entry in
the Apache24 “httpd.conf” file. Would that work?

I realize that when I update the port, I would have to do it twice to cover
both installations; however, that is not a big deal and doesn’t happen that
often.

--
Carmel