Firefox became much slower

Chris H bsd-lists at bsdforge.com
Tue Nov 7 20:24:11 UTC 2017

On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 07:20:26 -0700 Steve Kargl
<sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote

> On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 09:07:11AM +0300, Gleb Popov wrote:
> >
> > I'm using Firefox on quite ancient machine (amd64, though) and after
> > updating from firefox-56.0.1_3 to 56.0.2_3,1 it has become much more
> > sluggish - whole UI hangs during page loading, scrolling isn't smooth
> > anymore.
> >
> > Anyone also see this?
> >

> How much memory do you have?  I had to switch to seamonkey
> on a old laptop due to firefox's hunger for memory.  I was
> constantly swapping.
FWIW Firefox has always leaked memory like water through a sieve.
As a result, no matter how many resources I have on any given
system. I can't leave FF open for any length of time, w/o having
to restart it; else system starts swapping until all resources are
exhausted; then panic && reboot.

--Chris