flexible ports

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 2 12:57:22 UTC 2017

Le 01/11/2017 à 20:33, blubee blubeeme a écrit :
> There's this section in the porters handbook:
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/porting-prefix.html
>
> this line of code just never seems to work
>
> I've tried not only on the ports that I am testing but many simpler ports
> all around the ports tree and they always fail because they're missing
> something.
>
> Can someone explain this:
> make clean; make package PREFIX=/var/tmp/`make -V PORTNAME`

I am not sure this part of the handbook is still really relevant for
everybody.  You should always be using poudriere testport to test build
ports, and never, ever, do it with all your local packages in use. You
can test that a port does respect PREFIX by using poudriere testport -P.

--
Mathieu Arnold