Firefox became much slower

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Wed Nov 1 11:41:05 UTC 2017

On 11/01/2017 12:15, Baho Utot wrote:

> On 11/01/17 02:07, Gleb Popov wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I'm using Firefox on quite ancient machine (amd64, though) and after
>> updating from firefox-56.0.1_3 to 56.0.2_3,1 it has become much more
>> sluggish - whole UI hangs during page loading, scrolling isn't smooth
>> anymore.
>>
>> Anyone also see this?
>

> Yep FF is starting to get on my nerves.  Javascript brings it to it's knees

Most sites make an unreasonable use of javascript though. The recent
news about sites and CDNs leveraging javascript to mine bitcoins make
things even worse.

My personal suggestion is to use noscript, most sites work quite fine
without javascript and even more sites work fine by allowing only a few
origins, but blocking dozens of third party scripts.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>