pango not building under portmaster, holds back emacs (portmaster)

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sun May 21 21:45:28 UTC 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 04:55:57PM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> I suspect this is a portmaster problem, but pango isn't building with X
> support because of:
> ../pango/pangoxft-render.h:31:10: fatal error: 'X11/Xft/Xft.h' file not found
>
> This is only the current issue. I've been struggling for several days to
> get my graphics programs rebuilt, and I haven't seen any e-mail about
> it. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Not much of an idea; while I use portmaster to update the ports on
systems where I update base in-place via src update, I don't recall
encountering that -- and on one of those systems (my laptop), I update
the installed ports daily.

I find that /usr/local/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h was installed by
x11-fonts/libXft, so re-installing it may help.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
"[T]he president’s improper efforts to influence an ongoing investigation"