sysutils/tmux - strange behaviour with new version 2.4

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Tue May 16 19:27:46 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd at quip.cz> wrote:

> Tommy Scheunemann wrote on 2017/05/16 20:48:

>>> Uhm... maybe it depends on source of the text? Or locale?
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been able to re-produce the issue, though setting:
>>
>> set -g default-terminal "screen-256color"
>>
>> in your tmux.conf seemed to help. Tested both under console and inside a
>> running urxvt.
>> Without that line:
>>
>> env | grep TERM
>>
>> gives me just "screen", having it set the above value. Dunno if that
>> might be related to /etc/termcap the screen line that exists (note -
>> dunno, unsure, just a guess).
>>

> I tried your suggestion with screen-256color but it doesn't help.
>
> Many lines are missing:
> ​<snip>
>

> # env | grep TERM
> TERM=screen-256color
>
> And missing lines are different on each run.

​Just curious, but what happens if you set TERM=tmux instead of
TERM=screen?  Newer versions of tmux accept that as an option, and the
termcap/terminfo should be cleaner/more up-to-date than the screen setting.​

​From:​

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=tmux&sektion=1&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+11.0-RELEASE+and+Ports

​"​default-terminal terminal
    Set the default terminal for new windows created in this session
    - the default value of the TERM environment variable.  For tmux
    to work correctly, this must be set to `screen', `tmux' or a
    derivative of them."

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com