Which wine do I need?

David Naylor dbn at freebsd.org
Mon May 15 15:38:39 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 14 May 2017 23:23:05 Thomas Mueller wrote:
> I see several different wine ports and would like to know which I need for
> amd64 and which I need for an i386 installation.

 - On an i386 environment with 32-bit Windows binaries use lang/wine.
 - On an amd64 environment with 32-bit Windows binaries use lang/i386-wine.
 - On an amd64 environment with 64-bit Windows binaries use lang/wine.

Note: a i386 chroot would be considered an i386 environment (even if the host
environment/kernel was amd64)