FreeBSD Port: lang/php71-extensions - missing php71-mssql

Torsten Zuehlsdorff tz at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 15 13:00:40 UTC 2017

Hello Miroslav,

On 15.05.2017 14:53, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> We are using php56-mssql for connecting to some MSSQL servers and we are
> planning to upgrade to PHP 7.1 now but unfortunately I cannot find
> php71-mssql port.
> Why is it missing? Are there any problems to build this extension for
> PHP 7.1?
>
> I search the internet and didn't found any problem reports for this.
>
> PHP manual still shows this http://php.net/manual/en/mssql.requirements.php

If you read the manual this section is very important:
This extension is not available anymore on Windows with PHP 5.3 or later.

(Don't ask me why its available up to PHP 5.6)

When dealing with MS SQL you have (out of my limited experience - i
avoid it when possible) basically two options:
- Using odbc (http://php.net/manual/en/book.uodbc.php)
- Using PDO-MS SQL (http://php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-sqlsrv.php)

But one step back: i'm not really sure why there is no port and FreeTDS.
If you have some time i will check if i can recreate the php56-mssql
port for php70 and php71. After this i can give an answer with greater
detail.

Greetings,
Torsten