nginx is not linking against libressl

abi abi at abinet.ru
Mon May 8 08:46:14 UTC 2017

08.05.2017 00:06, Adam Weinberger пишет:
>> On 7 May, 2017, at 13:55, abi <abi at abinet.ru> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I tried to upgrade my jail to the latest versions of ports and nginx is not building correctly.
>>
>> objs/src/event/ngx_event_openssl.o: In function `ngx_ssl_get_ciphers':
>> src/event/ngx_event_openssl.c:(.text+0x3de6): undefined reference to `SSL_CIPHER_find'
>> src/event/ngx_event_openssl.c:(.text+0x3e66): undefined reference to `SSL_CIPHER_find'
>> cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
>> *** Error code 1
> I have no idea why this is the case, but it will build successfully if you re-enable the IPV6 option.
You are right. The error is gone if IPv6 is enabled. Look like a
regression. I always compiled nginx without IPv6 (I don't need it and
probably it's even removed from my custom kernel)
> Also, turning off the DSO and THREADS options seems unusual; under normal circumstance you want both those things enabled.
While DSO is mostly a matter of taste (it's OK for me to restart the
daemon), thread pools was introduced in 2015 to overcome issues in
partial Linux AIO implementation[1]. We have better AIO support,
probably thread pools are needed in special conditions under high load,
but I doubt I can imagine it for my case.

Should we open PR ?

[1] http://lse.sourceforge.net/io/aio.html