diff and submissions

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 5 10:46:19 UTC 2017

Le 05/05/2017 à 12:37, Baptiste Daroussin a écrit :
> On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 12:27:13PM +0200, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
>> Le 05/05/2017 à 12:20, Baptiste Daroussin a écrit :
>>> I made a script which is a few lines of shell that converts pull
>>> requests to
>>> phabricator reviews automatically.
>>>
>>> I have handed it to some of the phabricator admins, I hope it will be progress
>>> soon.
>> Please, do not do that.
>>
>> Phabricator is for code review, not bug reports.  It all ends up in our
>> repository, but Phabricator does not have any maintainer notification
>> like Bugzilla has.
>> robak@ has a script that does pull-request -> bugzilla, and it has been
>> waiting for months for someone with access to do something about it.
>>
> Pull request are for code submissions and phabricator is the equivalent for that

It is great to review code, yes, but it will not notify maintainers that
they have a patch for one of their ports, it adds more work for the
ports committers that will have to go and review the code, and maybe
notice it came from github, and then maybe notice that someone need to
notify the maintainer of the port in question, so that they can accept,
or not, the patch.

It is mostly going to end up having code review that are not handled by
anyone because they are not code review, they came from github, and the
submitter on github is not aware that there has been some review and
they need to update their code, or that they need to submit it to
bugzilla afterwards so that it gets reviewed by the maintainer.

--
Mathieu Arnold