diff and submissions

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 4 08:20:08 UTC 2017

Le 04/05/2017 à 09:58, Aristedes Maniatis a écrit :
> I maintain and couple of ports and I submit patches for others every so often. The process of preparing a patch file is slightly awkward as documented [1]
>
> If we want to use the github pull process is that now possible? There are 61 pull requests here: https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/pulls

Right now, using pull requests is not supported, the problem is that
they cannot be disabled on Github. If you open one, it will take a very
long time to be seen and most certainly closed with saying "please open
a PR on bugzilla". We have a "github issue" -> "bugzilla" tool in the
work, but it is not ready yet.

If you went as far as being able to create a pull request, you can do a
git show HEAD or git diff origin/trunk...HEAD and submit that in the
FreeBSD PR as well.

--
Mathieu Arnold