[CFT] pkg-plist generator

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Sat Mar 25 17:15:40 UTC 2017

Since February I have been working on a pkg-plist generator that
understands and handles options. I believe it is now ready for public
testing as a part of my bsda2 script collection:

https://github.com/lonkamikaze/bsda2/releases/tag/0.2.0-rc1

Testing all combinations of options would mean performing 2^n
(n being the number of options) build/stage cycles. I.e. it is a
feat only applicable to the smallest, most simple ports.

My concession to that fact is that I assume that options do not
affect which files other options install. The makeplist script
runs one build/stage cycle for each option to determine which
files are installed by it.

You can grab the tar ball, unpack it and run the script right from
where you are:
% bsda2-0.2.0-rc1/src/makeplist origin/port

To read the manual without installing run:
% man bsda2-0.2.0-rc1/man/makeplist.8

Skip ahead to the EXAMPLES section.