mail/roundcube - strange error

Milan Obuch freebsd-ports at dino.sk
Wed Mar 22 06:35:10 UTC 2017

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 14:48:37 +0100
Milan Obuch <freebsd-ports at dino.sk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install mail/roundcube port on dedicated VM and issuing
> make in /usr/ports/mail/roundcube yields

[ snip ]

> /bin/mkdir-p /usr/ports/mail/roundcube/work/stage/usr/local/www/roundcube
> *** Error code 127

[ snip ]

For a record, I found the problem using 'make -d A' command. It gives
tons of debug output, most important is it displayed

*** Failed target:  do-install

and the exact command failing was missing cpio binary. Could our ports
framework be a bit more descriptive in such a case? Default output
suggests problem with mkdir binary, which is misleading and simply not
true... In my case it was caused by using WITHOUT_CPIO in
buildworld/installworld environment, so one could tell it is a pilot
error, but even if accept this being the case, error message is a bit
cryptic. Displaying failed command would be great help, I don't know,
how hard it is - in this case, it was

*** Failed command:
cd /usr/ports/mail/roundcube/work/roundcubemail-1.2.3 && /bin/sh -c
'(/usr/bin/find -Ed $0 $2 | /usr/bin/cpio -dumpl $1 >/dev/null 2>&1)
&& /usr/bin/find -Ed $0 $2 \( -type d -exec /bin/sh -c '\''cd
'\''$1'\'' && chmod 755 "$@"'\'' -- . {} + -o -type f -exec /bin/sh -c
bin /usr/ports/mail/roundcube/work/stage/usr/local/www/roundcube

(next line from 'make -d A' output, long, harder to parse, but really
meaningfull).

Regards,
Milan