mail/p5-Net-SMTP-SSL Port Dependencies in SpamAssassin.

Janky Jay, III jankyj at unfs.us
Fri Mar 17 17:08:19 UTC 2017

Hi Herbert,

On 03/17/2017 12:32 AM, Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:
> jankyj skrev:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>       I have a port that depends on SpamAssassin and I've noticed the
>> (somewhat) recent deprecation message of the mail/p5-Net-SMTP-SSL port
>> which, in turn, appears to be a dependency on
>> security/p5-IO-Socket-SSL by SpamAssassin (if you enable SSL and/or
>> DKIM). I've taken a look at the Makefile and I have a couple of ideas
>> as to how to fix it but I am by no means a port guru.
>
> I can't find a dependency on mail/p5-Net-SMTP-SSL. Where exactly to
> you see it?

	I'm seeing this when I run a 'pkg info -r' or 'pkg info -d' on
'mail/p5-Net-SMTP-SSL'. Apparently, it's a dependency on
'p5-IO-Socket-SSL' or something that SpamAssassin pulls in? This is
exactly what I'm trying to hunt down and, more specifically, find out if
it needs to be installed at all (Thanks for the info!).

> I am using spamassassin (with DKIM and SSL on) and don't have
> mail/p5-Net-SMTP-SSL on my system.

	Interesting. Perhaps this is just an old dependency that is no longer
relevant. I'll look into this as well.

> Is your ports tree up-to-date?

	Ports tree is up-to-date using portsnap as of 11pm Mountain Time yesterday.

Regards,
Janky Jay, III