rename a port

Danilo G. Baio (dbaio) dbaio at bsd.com.br
Thu Mar 16 01:42:26 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 11:18:24AM +0100, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I would like to rename a port. How is the best way?
> >
> > Svn cp /port/oldname / port/newname
>
> svn mv old new
>
> should work.
>
> Please provide an entry for /usr/ports/MOVED, too.
>
> > And then a diff with /port/oldname /port/newname?
>
> Yes.

Hi.

I am afraid it won't work perfectly with just that.

From the porters handbook we have this:

"If files have been added, copied, moved, or removed, include the svn(1) add,
copy, move, and remove commands that were used. svn move or svn copy must be
run before the patch can be applied. svn add or svn remove must be run after
the patch is applied."
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/port-upgrading.html

When using `svn diff` and executing `svn copy` before applying the patch, it
works fine, but it doesn't work correctly with patches that include `svn move`,
unless you generate it with `svn diff --no-diff-deleted`.

I had this problem a while ago.

Regards.
--
Danilo G. Baio (dbaio)