sc-im marked broken on aarch64

Sijmen Mulder iku at yokattana.com
Mon Mar 13 08:26:47 UTC 2017

Hi all,

sc-im was recently marked as BROKEN_aarch64:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/math/sc-im/Makefile?r1=434438&r2=434754&pathrev=434754

I'm an occasional contributor to this project and a FreeBSD user so I
thought I'd have a stab at it. Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce the
issue.

Since I don't have any hardware in yet and couldn't quite figure out how
to cross-compile ports, I've done the following:

1. Extract the FreeBSD 11.0 aarch64 base package to a directory
2. Set up a chroot in that directory and ran sh through
qemu-aarch64-static
3. Build the port

The build went fine and I could run the program.

There's a GitHub issue open on this where I've attached the build log:

https://github.com/andmarti1424/sc-im/issues/153

I'd be delighted if someone could help me reproduce the issue. I've
taken the liberty to address package maintainer bapt and committer
linimom directly; if this is not ok, or if this is the wrong list,
please let me know.

Thanks