perl problem

Dave Cottlehuber dch at skunkwerks.at
Mon Jun 26 20:56:18 UTC 2017

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017, at 14:21, Jeffrey Bouquet via freebsd-ports wrote:
>   Attachment probably not sent to the list.
>
>   CD /usr/ports/devel/p5-List-Regexp  [new june 20 ]
>   make build
>   Encode.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched ( got
>   handshake key 0x8900080, needed
>   0x7b00080
>   *** Error code 1
>   Stop.
>   make: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/p5-List-Regexp
>
>   I've installed perl from v11 pkg because v12-CURRENT has not been
>   updated lately

This is a very google-able error message.

TLDR your perl bits need to be consistently compiled - you can't mix
and match. When your perl version gets bumped you'll need to rebuild
all your locally compiled packages, incl any local dependencies.

The FreeBSD project 12.0-CURRENT binary packages are updated
most weeks I think; what leads you to believe they are not?

>   and binaries fail with 'fstat' or 'stat' errors

Is it possible that you have a 12.0-CURRENT from prior to the ino64
updates, and are trying to install binary packages from after that point
in time? For most of the last year its been possible to get away with
this, but not this time - a `uname -a` would probably confirm that.

If that's the case,   your 12.0-CURRENT needs to be CURRENT, so if
you really need to, the 11.0 bits into an 11.0 jail and not on the host
system.

Background:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2017-April/065687.html
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2017-May/066114.html
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/UPDATING?view=markup&pathrev=318792#l54

Either way a bit more specific information (kernel version, your package
repo, your ports tree svn revision) will help us narrow things down for
you.

I have tried mixing home-grown ports & FreeBSD packages .
before; it always bit me in the end. If you have the build capacity, use
poudriere and let it keep things consistent for you
A+
Dave