"clamav-unofficial-sigs" error message

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Sun Jun 25 16:16:31 UTC 2017

On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 17:17:44 +0200, Martin Waschbüsch stated:

>From what I can see, the clamav-unofficial-sigs port works. It
>determines if there are updates or whether you have checked recently,
>so that you do not inadvertently dos the signature servers. What is
>NOT working, apparently, is clamav. Did you install clamav via ports?
>If it is installed, what is the clamscan_bin variable set to
>in /usr/local/etc/clamav-unofficial-sigs/master.conf file? It needs to
>be set to the correct path, for instance /usr/local/bin/clamscan. The
>correct path on your setup can be determined using 'which clamscan'

From the "master.conf" file:

# Custom Command Paths, these are detected with the which command when
not set.

Clamscan was commented out; however, the default setting was
to /usr/bin/clamscan

From what I can figure out, the "which" command worked fine outside of
a CRON job, but was failing when clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh was run via
CRON. I uncommented the "clamscan" setting and set it to point to the
correct location. Now it works correctly.

This is probably a bug, but I am not going to waste my time reporting
it. The ports version of this program is very old. There have been five
newer versions since its release. No doubt this problem has been
corrected.

--
Carmel