How to stop ports recompiling gcc, llvm, etc.?

Rastko P lylecorman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 15:46:20 UTC 2017

Hi Eugene,

I have a fresh 11-RELEASE dist. I am 'bootstrapping' the environment.

I am in the process of building mail/thunderbird-52.1.1, because the
binary doesn't have support for Lightning calendar extension.

Yesterday, a documentation port build pulled in a lot of dependencies,
including GCC, LLVM, and a lot of others. 6+ hours of compile-time.

After it finished I immediately issued a 'df' cmd, and lo-and-behold,
not more than 1GB was taken by the build process. Now that you've
mentioned it, pkg says GCC or LLVM are not to be found installed. I am
missing something huge here.

Cheers.