Synth: copying installation to second computer

Thomas Mueller mueller6722 at twc.com
Tue Jun 13 06:02:00 UTC 2017

I just managed to install (first part) ports-mgmt/synth on FreeBSD 11.1-PRERELEASE amd64, using portmaster after deleting all packages except pkg and portmaster.  Those old packages were no good anyway due to shared libraaries being out of sync.

Now I want to convert packages to synth repository format and copy this installation to another computer with same FreeBSD 11.1-PRERELEASE using NFS, doing as little recompilation as possible.

This is my first (partway) success after an attempt to build synth on FreeBSD-CURRENT amd64, before ino64, was stopped by a system crash and reboot while I was sleeping.

I looked through README.md and man synth, but there are still some hazy points.  Or is it easier than I think?

Tom