Audacity program appears to be dead

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 16:07:40 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 12:21 AM, Andrew Johnson <daeron at optushome.com.au>
wrote:

> It builds nicely but Audacity has ceased working and produces the
> following message:
>
> % audacity
> Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions
> detected.
> The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx
> containers,compatible with 2.6,compatible with 2.8),
> and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,wx
> containers,compatible with 2.6,compatible with 2.8).
> Abort (core dumped)
>

> == It is possible that this began with my first update that included an
> edit in audacity/Makefile that was done back on 1/April.
>
> There's been a couple more updates in audacity during the past week but
> the program continues to die with the same Fatal Error message.
>
> FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE Sun Jun  4 18:11:09 2017
> GENERIC  amd64

I see the same error. I have nor run it is a while, so I have no idea when
it started.

Have you notified the maintainer? That and opening a  bug report should be
your first actions. You can find the maintainer (if any) by running "make
maintainer" in the port's directory. In this case the maintainer is
xxjack12xx at gmail.com. A bug report can be filed at
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com