mail/alpine new Makefile

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 9 12:07:40 UTC 2017

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017, the wise Kubilay Kocak wrote:

> I think I had a brainfail, and I believe it is in-fact fine to use both
> (if necessary) and the wording of the handbook might need to be tweaked
> not to imply it.
>
> That aside, I can't see use (testing) of PORT_OPTIONS:M<OPT> or other
> variables that pre/post.mk inclusion is needed for, so neither
> bsd.port.options nor bsd.{pre,post}.mk appears to be necessary.
>
> That wouldn't seem to be the issue (though I could be wrong).
>
> Q: Does enabling/disabling OPTIONS change/add/remove CONFIGURE_ARGS for
> example? (make -V CONFIGURE_ARGS)

Yes looks fine:

root at yokozuna:/poudriere/ports/local/mail/alpine # make -V CONFIGURE_ARGS
--with-debug-level=2  --enable-background-post  --without-krb5
--without-tcl  --with-system-pinerc=/usr/local/etc/alpine.conf
--with-system-fixed-pinerc=/usr/local/etc/alpine.conf.fixed
--with-password-prog=/usr/bin/passwd
--with-system-mail-directory=/var/mail --with-interactive-spellcheck
--with-interactive-spellcheck=/usr/local/bin/aspell --with-ipv6
--with-ldap --with-ldap-dir=/usr/local --enable-mouse --enable-nls
--with-simple-spellcheck --with-passfile --with-passfile=.alpine-passfile
--with-pthread --prefix=/usr/local ${_LATE_CONFIGURE_ARGS}

> Q: Is the make config dialog presenting OPTIONS correctly?

Yes

> Q: Once OPTIONS are saved, does /var/db/ports/category_portname/options
> accurately reflect the state changes?

Yes

> Q: Does make -V PORT_OPTIONS show/contain enabled options?

Yes

--
Gone With The Wind LITE(tm)
 	-- by Margaret Mitchell

 	A woman only likes men she can't have and the South gets trashed.

Gift of the Magii LITE(tm)
 	-- by O. Henry

 	A husband and wife forget to register their gift preferences.

The Old Man and the Sea LITE(tm)
 	-- by Ernest Hemingway

 	An old man goes fishing, but doesn't have much luck.

Diary of a Young Girl LITE(tm)
 	-- by Anne Frank

 	A young girl hides in an attic but is discovered.