mail/alpine new Makefile

Kubilay Kocak koobs at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 9 12:00:13 UTC 2017

On 6/9/17 9:50 PM, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jun 2017, the wise Kubilay Kocak wrote:
>
>> On 6/9/17 7:41 PM, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
>>
>> Hi Marco,
>>
>> I believe the reason is:
>>
>>> .include <bsd.port.options.mk>
>>
>> The port includes this ^^^^ ... AND
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
>>
>> This ---------^^^^^
>>
>> Use one or the other, or neither if its *all* options helpers, but not
>> both. See:
>>
>> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html
>>

>> The paragraph just above the "Example 5.28. Simple Use of OPTIONS"
>
> I've also tried building with only ".include <bsd.port.mk>" at the end
> but then I get an error calculating dependencies:
>
> root at yokozuna:/poudriere/ports/local/mail/alpine # poudriere testport -o
> mail/alpine -j 110R -p local
> [00:00:00] ====>> Creating the reference jail... done
> [00:00:50] ====>> Mounting system devices for 110R-local
> [00:00:51] ====>> Mounting ports/packages/distfiles
> [00:00:51] ====>> Stashing existing package repository
> [00:00:51] ====>> Mounting packages from:
> /poudriere/data/packages/110R-local
> /etc/resolv.conf -> /poudriere/data/.m/110R-local/ref/etc/resolv.conf
> [00:00:51] ====>> Starting jail 110R-local
> [00:00:51] ====>> Logs:
> /poudriere/data/logs/bulk/110R-local/2017-06-09_13h44m57s
> [00:00:52] ====>> Calculating ports order and dependencies
> [00:00:53] ====>> Error: editors/pico-alpine incorrectly depends on
> itself. Please contact maintainer of the port to fix this.
> [00:00:53] ====>> Error: Fatal errors encountered calculating dependencies
> [00:00:53] ====>> Cleaning up
> [00:00:53] ====>> Unmounting file systems
>
> Regards,
> Marco

I haven't looked, but might this be due to:

# Option PICO
PICO_RUN_DEPENDS=        pico:editors/pico-alpine

Since pico-alpine is a slave port of alpine, you'll want to make sure
you're overriding things correctly, and something that was replaced with
an options helper may have changed that behaviour (where previously it
was conditional)