Questions about order of adding application to freebsd ports.

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Fri Jun 9 07:29:02 UTC 2017

Hi!

> I ask for little advice.
> I wrote web manager X.509 certificates http://minica.unix7.org/ and created a freebsd port for it.
>
> 1. Who could check quality and security of this code?

The committer would check the port quality etc.

Security would be the task of 'the many eyes of open source'. I think
there's no other, realistic way to get a code review.

> 2. If quality the code is sufficient to be included in freebsd ports, then:
> For the port it is necessary patches for two perl-ports ("good patches, yes" =),
> what is the order of my actions?

Submit patches via bugs.freebsd.org for the two ports, and
the maintainers will decide if they include them.

Submit a shar file for the new port, also via bugs.freebsd.org.

Post the PR numbers as a followup to this mail 8-)

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         3 years to go !