JVM based port dependencies?

Pavel Timofeev timp87 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 09:16:04 UTC 2017

> 20 липня 2017 р. 18:17:13 GMT+02:00, Pavel Timofeev <timp87 at gmail.com>
> написав:
>>
>> Hello!
>> What is the best practice for ports running on top of JVM (like
>> ZooKeeper or ElasticSearch):
>> use all bundled jars (for example, log4j) or take them from other
>> ports as dependencies?
>

> Hello!
> As far as I see, ports running on top of JVM usually use bundled jars. To be
> sure about best practice you can check some already existing ports (Eclipse,
> Idea, Glassfish, Tomcat, etc).
> --
> Best regards,
> Dmytro Bilokha

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I found a documentation for this question
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/using-java.html:

It is up the porter to decide whether the port installs the additional
JAR dependencies under this directory or uses the already installed
ones (from ${JAVAJARDIR}).

However I got even more question about porting a java application
after reading this doc. I'll ask them in freebsd-java@