How to get pkg to recognize local repository?

Adam Weinberger adamw at adamw.org
Wed Jul 19 12:22:01 UTC 2017

> On 17 Jul, 2017, at 20:33, Thomas Mueller <mueller6722 at twc.com> wrote:
>
> Excerpt from Adam Weinberger:
>
>> myfirstrepo: {
>>        url: file:///path/to/first/repo,
>>        priority: 99
>> },
>> mysecondrepo: {
>>        url: file:///path/to/second/repo,
>>        priority: 98
>> }

Hi Tom, sorry I completely missed your reply.

> I suppose priority 99 would take priority over priority 98?

Correct. 100 is highest priority, 0 is lowest. Take a look at the pkg.conf manage.

> In normal English usage, first priority or priority one is higher than priority two.
>
> Do you need the comma after the closing brace after myfirstrepo?

ucl is pretty forgiving.

> I suppose myfirst repo and mysecondrepo are both in the same .conf file?

They don't have to be. Personally I keep them in separate files.

/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/universal.conf
  priority: 80
/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/local.conf
  priority: 90