How to get pkg to recognize local repository?

Thomas Mueller mueller6722 at twc.com
Wed Jul 19 02:15:01 UTC 2017

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 02:33:22 +0000
"Thomas Mueller" <mueller6722 at twc.com> wrote:

> I suppose priority 99 would take priority over priority 98?

> In normal English usage, first priority or priority one is higher
> than priority two.

> Do you need the comma after the closing brace after myfirstrepo?

> I suppose myfirst repo and mysecondrepo are both in the same .conf
> file?

Bob Eager responded:

> This isn't well (or, at least, transparently) documented. However, if
> you do 'man pkg.conf' and read down, it eventually tells you the syntax
> of a repo file.

> I've always put them one per file, with a name that reflects that repo.

"man pkg.conf" says individual repository configuration files are processed in alphabetical order.

But according to the man page, one configuration file can specify more than one repository.

I guess I'll need to do some trial and error, given the confusing nature of the documentation.

I still want to get rid of the old no-longer-usable packages.  All I can think of now is Midnight Commander (mc) from NetBSD.

There ought to be a convenient way to remove outdated packages from a repo,  Or maybe there is but not documented, or at least not clearly documented?

I also want to look at how NetBSD pkgsrc defines/configures a repo so as to compare to FreeBSD.

Tom