Firefox/GTK3 issue and reinstalling dependent ports

Alan Hicks ahicks at p-o.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 10:11:12 UTC 2017

On 16/07/2017 20:54, Grzegorz Junka wrote:

> On 16/07/2017 13:35, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>> Hmm, I found this:
>>>
>>> pkg clean -a
>>> cleans the cache and
>>>
>>> pkg install -R -f firefox
>>>
>>> should force a reinstallation of the package and all dependencies.
>> Well, indeed, as you posted already, it does not 8-(
>>

> I didn't try pkg clean -a before pkg install -R -f firefox before but
> just tried it now and indeed - doesn't work.

Perhaps what you seek is:

pkg info -d firefox | xargs -L 1 pkg install -f

Also try editing your local config file

.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

For example mine is currently:

[Settings]
gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme = false
gtk-theme-name = Adwaita
gtk-fallback-icon-theme = Default
gtk-icon-theme-name = Adwaita dark
gtk-font-name = DejaVu Sans 10

See https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkSettings.html

You'll need to ensure any icons and fonts are installed

gtk3-widget-factory, installed with gtk3, is a great
testing/visualisation tool

Regards,
Alan