sysutils/tmux - strange behaviour with new version 2.4 / 2.5

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Mon Jul 3 20:57:59 UTC 2017

Kevin Oberman wrote on 2017/07/03 21:26:
> On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 5:50 AM, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd at quip.cz> wrote:

>> I talked to tmux developer. He confirms the changes but stated:
>>
>> " You can't rely on the terminal scrollback to be complete when running in
>> full terminal applications like tmux. Use tmux copy mode instead."
>>
>> https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/984
>>
>> So I am stuck on versi 2.3 forever - I need "old" scrolling for my
>> workflow very often.
>>
>> Miroslav Lachman
>

> Damn! Looks like I'm heading back to screen(1). This strikes me as a simply
> awful "optimization" as it breaks a rather common use of the tool. And
> tmux(1) WAS far superior to screen(1), at least for my uses. Now to learn
> how to use "screen" again.

Exactly. Screen is broken in some ways, I cannot use it with JuiceSSH on
Android platform so I switched to tmux few years ago... and now? Now the
tmux is broken in a way that I cannot use it even from my PC-BSD desktop
in Putty session. So I must stay on 2.3 or go back to screen. I am very sad.

Miroslav Lachman