poudriere: devel/llvm39: runaway_process

mokhi mokhi64 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 04:06:53 UTC 2017

On 1/19/17, Craig Leres <leres at ee.lbl.gov> wrote:
> My poudriere build servers have been unable to build devel/llvm39 ever
> since some ports changed from llvm37 (January 17th?) The error is
> runaway_process and this happens during the package phase. It looks like
> pkg-static spins for one hour at which point poudriere gives up on it.
> Yesterday I raised max_execution_time for package on one build server to
> 2 hours which did not help.  My three servers are all at
> 10.3-RELEASE-p16 and I'm attempting to build packages for the same version.
>
> I'm still able to build llvm37 ok. Since it takes ~2 hours for the
> failure to occur I'm hoping for ideas on how to diagnose this.

Well, I'm not sure about the error (mine builds fine), but as a
helping note, maybe passing `-i` option to `poudriere testport` helps
you go into the jail after the fail, then no need to rebuild all
things after fail 😁😄😊 simply change and make.
However sometimes in some cases this approach fails, but generally I
can say it works (for reducing test/fix time).