standard settings for ports.

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 18 17:25:29 UTC 2017

I know there are some standard setting one can set..

make ports shows 8 but I know there are many more.

like what version of perl you want to use throughout your system

or whether you want to use openssl from ports or system or what
version of python..

or whether to use some version of gcc or ...

Is there a list somewhere as to where all these are found?

for example setting NO-X11-yes (or someting like that)

things I'd like to turn off include

DOCS, EXAMPLES, MAN, X11,

Also I'd like to specify that I'd like everything to try use python 2.7

and jdk8

can I set the USES stuff from the command line?(no?)

pointers appreciated...

Julian