PHP56 and php56-filter

Aleksandr Matveev timon at timon.net.nz
Sun Jan 15 11:26:47 UTC 2017

On 12/01/2017 06:10, @lbutlr wrote:
> I am getting errors in php pages saying
>
> Call to undefined function filter_var()
>
> But php56-filter-5.6.29 is installed and filter is listed in php -m
>
> I reinstalled all of php this morning, but still getting the same error. ext-20-filter.ini exists in /usr/local/etc/php/ and filter.so exists at /usr/local/lib/php/20131226/filter.so with a timestamp from this morning (along with all the other .so files). There is also a file "/usr/local/libexec/apache24/mod_filter.so” with a slightly earlier timestamp (probably from when I recompiled apache24 this am).
>
> (FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE)
>
> Not sure what else to check, but a simple
>
> filter_var('true', FILTER_VALIDATE_BOOLEAN);
>
> in an otherwise empty .php file fails:
>
> PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function filter_var() in /usr/local/www/root/filter.php on line 2

  I don't see any errors on my 10.3 system:
$ uname -pro
FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p7 amd64
$ cat test.php
<?php filter_var('true', FILTER_VALIDATE_BOOLEAN); ?>
$ php test.php
$

  Try to create phpinfo.php:
$ cat phpinfo.php
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

  Open it in your web-browser and check for "filter" section presence.

--
Aleksandr Matveev