"Failed: fetch" for emulators/wine-staging

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Fri Jan 13 23:59:10 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I noticed I did fix this on Monday triggered by this mail, but failed
to send my response and explanation.  So, here we go...

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>> freebeast(11.0-S)[3] cd /usr/ports/emulators/wine-staging
>> freebeast(11.0-S)[4] sudo make fetch
>> Password:
>> ===>  License LGPL21 LGPL3 accepted by the user
>> ===>   wine-staging-2.0.r4_1,1 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
>> => wine-2.0-rc4.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in /net/grundoon/mnt/tank/ports/distfiles/.
>> => Attempting to fetch http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/wine/Source/wine-2.0-rc4.tar.bz2
>> wine-2.0-rc4.tar.bz2                          100% of   22 MB  617 kBps 00m37s
>> => v2.0-rc4.tar.gz is not in /net/grundoon/mnt/tank/ports/emulators/wine-staging/../wine-devel/distinfo.
>> => Either /net/grundoon/mnt/tank/ports/emulators/wine-staging/../wine-devel/distinfo is out of date, or
>> => v2.0-rc4.tar.gz is spelled incorrectly.
>> *** Error code 1

This happened since wine-staging is a slave port of wine-devel, alas
the availability of the Wine Staging patchset tends to trail the one
of Wine itself by a few days.

This time I had simply missed this and hence, while wine-devel
tested just fine before my commit, wine-staging broke as you noticed.

(This is a little annoying since I need to artificially delay updates
of the wine-devel port until that extra patchset is ready, for the
wine-staging port and if someone sets the STAGING option in the main
port.)

> Gerald, please see above. In r430845, the info for the wine-staging
> tarball disappeared from wine-devel/distinfo.

Thanks for the hint!

Gerald