Ports' tips and gotchas

Vlad K. vlad-fbsd at acheronmedia.com
Thu Jan 5 13:25:14 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-04 23:59, Ben Woods wrote:
> A thought: should the wiki namespace follow the ports namespace, to
> avoid any ambiguity?

Good advice, and it's a better way to organize them, yes. I did the
changes, but there's now another problem and that's we can't have 1:1
mapping between wiki page and port. For example this Postgres tips page
I have, it's basically for all postgresql servers in the tree,
92,93,94,95 and 96. So the page is /databases/postgresql which is not
directly mapped.

Meaning, there will be problems automating links between port origin and
wiki page, but I guess we can cross that bridge when we get to it :)
I'm not that familiar with moinmoin, maybe there's a way to specify
aliases or something.

--
Vlad K.