Ports' tips and gotchas

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Jan 3 18:55:10 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 06:16:26PM +0100, Vlad K. wrote:
> However, what would be the best way to approach this via the FreeBSD wiki?
> I'm sure that random wiki pages in various users' namespaces is not quite
> the right thing to do. There currently are some ports Wiki pages but they're
> all over the place and not nicely organized.

For right now I think your pages are fine.

The wiki doesn't have much of a "structure" right now.  I did some prototype
pages for a restructuring but it got bogged down due to internal politics.

It needs several months' worth of surgery.  I nibble at parts of it every
once in a while until I remember why I got frustrated :-)

mcl