poudriere: create HEAD jail from base-packages

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 28 11:09:35 UTC 2017

On 2017/02/28 09:56, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> I'm using (self-built) HEAD base packages. Host upgrade is a breeze.
> Now, I'd like to create/upgrade poudriere jails using base packages.
> Am I dreaming?

I believe poudriere will need some work in order to be able to handle
base packages.

You can probably fudge it by overwriting the master copy of the
poudriere jail with base packages manually, but that's probably more
trouble than it's worth.  Also, last I checked, just installing all the
base packages wasn't enough to get a working system -- there's a lot of
stuff still missing, mostly files from under /etc.

	Cheers,

	Matthew