How to create a port only for specific FreeBSD releases

Andrew Hotlab andrew.hotlab at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:37:29 UTC 2017

Hi to all, I'm trying to make a port which installs only a couple of simple scripts (thus NO_BUILD, NO_ARCH, and void MASTER_SITES and DISTFILES...).

Since these scripts are designed to run on FreeBSD 10.0 and newer, I'd like to know if there is a way to prevent the port from installing on older FreeBSD releases. In the Porter's Handbook I found this paragraph, but it seems regarding only ported app's source code:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/porting-versions.html

TIA

Andrew